Cranford Ductless AC Services
Customizable to Your Needs
The first air conditioner, developed in 1902, worked by blowing indoor air across frozen coils. We’ve come a long way since then—refrigerants and condensation coils allow us to quickly cool rooms to comfortable temperatures.
Most homes built since the 1970s use a central air conditioner. However, some homeowners are now choosing ductless mini-split systems that take up less space and are easier to retrofit to existing buildings. Moreover, ductless systems allow homeowners to control multiple temperature “zones,” which allows customization options to fit family preferences, provide energy savings, and more.
Choosing a Ductless Mini-Split
Ductless mini-split systems are called as such because the system is split between two units: the outdoor condenser, and the indoor air handling units, which house a fan and an evaporator. Indoor units can be mounted on walls or recessed into ceilings. No ducts are necessary to transport cooled air.
Ductless systems provide several advantages compared to central AC units, including:
- One outdoor unit can service up to four cooling zones
- Homeowners have temperature control for each room or zone, providing flexibility for personal preferences or professional needs
- There are no bulky ducts as coolant and power are routed through one small pipe
- They are efficient and eco-friendly because homeowners don’t lose energy through large or leaky ducts
- They allow for additional energy savings when homeowners turn off the air in unused rooms
However, there are also some downsides to choosing ductless systems. They include:
- High initial cost, up to 30% more than central systems for the same cooling capacity
- In-room units aren’t as low-profile as air grilles
- Outdoor unit drains water condensed from indoors
If you are looking for air conditioning solutions in Cranford, Elizabeth, or nearby, talk to us today about whether a ductless mini-split system is right for you.
Will a ductless mini-split solve your home cooling problems? Ask Infinite Comfort by calling (908) 398-2486 today.