Free Estimates on Ductless A/C Mini Split Installations, Replacements & Repairs in the Cranford, New Jersey Area
The first air conditioner, developed in 1902, worked by blowing indoor air across frozen coils. We’ve come a long way since then—refrigerants and condensation coils allow us to quickly cool rooms to comfortable temperatures.
Increase Your Home's Value with a Ductless A/C
Investing in ductless air conditioning with Infinite Comfort is a great way to increase your home's value. The ductless system is becoming increasingly popular among homeowners because of its high energy efficiency and ability to allow users to customize the temperature settings in different rooms. In addition, ductless air conditioning systems are relatively quick and straightforward to install. These factors, combined with their relatively low cost, make these a worthwhile investment that can lead to increased value for your home in the long run.
Most homes built since the 1970s use a central air conditioner. However, some homeowners are now choosing ductless mini-split systems that take up less space and are easier to retrofit to existing buildings. Moreover, ductless systems allow homeowners to control multiple temperature “zones,” which allows customization options to fit family preferences, provide energy savings, and more.
Ductless air conditioning systems provide several advantages compared to central AC units, including:
- One outdoor unit can service up to four cooling zones
- Homeowners have temperature control for each room or zone, providing flexibility for personal preferences or professional needs
- There are no bulky ducts as coolant and power are routed through one small pipe
- They are efficient and eco-friendly because homeowners don’t lose energy through large or leaky ducts
- They allow for additional energy savings when homeowners turn off the air in unused rooms
However, there are also some downsides to choosing ductless systems. They include:
- High initial cost, up to 30% more than central systems for the same cooling capacity
- In-room units aren’t as low-profile as air grilles
- Outdoor unit drains water condensed from indoors
If you are looking to install air conditioning solutions in Cranford, Elizabeth, or nearby, talk to us today about whether a ductless mini-split system is right for you. We also provide financing options for our AC solutions as well as ongoing air conditioning maintenance for optimal efficiency.