Preventive Air Conditioning Maintenance in Cranford, NJ You Can Rely On
When your air conditioner malfunctions during the summer, it can be more than just an inconvenience. In especially hot weather, or for the very young or elderly, heat can pose a dangerous health risk.
Infinite Comfort is here for you. Even on weekends, we are available for repairs and will act quickly to restore your comfort and safety. If you are looking to avoid expensive repairs or early replacement, we offer an off-season AC inspection and tune-up that will help you keep cool all summer long.
What Are Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair?
Keep the signs you need AC repair in Cranford below on your radar.
- Loud noises - All AC units make some noise, but if something new is audible from the next room over then make sure to call in our Cranford AC repair experts before a small breakdown becomes a big one.
- Burning smell - If something smells musky or rotten then you've likely got air ducts that could use a good cleaning. A burning smell wouldn't be coming from your ducts however, this means your AC unit could use an inspection.
- Ice or water accumulation - If you have a dirty air filter and your AC is running without proper airflow, then your coolant could go unchecked and your AC could freeze over. You could also have a leak in your condensate line or pan, either way your Cranford AC repair expert can help get your unit back on track in no time.
- Poor airflow - If the fan in your AC has malfunctioned, then you won't get the airflow you need to properly cool your home. You could also have a leak in your air ducts, also make sure to check that there's no furniture blocking your air vents before you call in our specialists in AC repair in Cranford.
- Warm air - If you're not getting the cooling you need, first check your air filter. If your air filter is fine, you could try seeing if your evaporator coil needs a good cleaning.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
While AC repair might seem like the cheaper option, it's not always the best way to save money in the long run. You should avoid AC repair in favor of replacement if you notice any of the following.
1. Your AC relies on R22 Freon - Because of the 2020 Freon Ban, the banned coolant is still legal to use but the production of it has ended. What that means to you is that the coolant will become more expensive as it gets more scarce and it will be cost prohibitive soon.
2. Repair after repair - While our AC repair experts will always be in to fix your AC, if they're in so much that you know them by name then you're spending too much on AC repair and should consider replacing your unit.
3. Your AC is old - On average an AC unit lasts about 10 years so if your unit is much older than that you should think twice before throwing money into a dying unit.
4. Your utility bills keep going up - One thing all old HVAC units have in common is they become less efficient over time. This means they'll need more inputs to achieve the desired output and that extra work doesn't come free.
5. A very expensive repair - The best way to determine if you should repair or replace your AC is by multiplying the age in years by the cost of the repair. If that total is greater than the cost of a replacement then you should replace your unit.
Prevention Is the Best Medicine
The best thing you can do to prolong the life of your air conditioner is to schedule regular maintenance. This keeps dirt and excess condensation from damaging your AC unit’s components over time and puts an experienced set of eyes on your system on a routine basis, which means problems get caught more quickly.
During a maintenance check, our technicians look out for several potential problems, such as:
- Refrigerant leaks
- Worn or damaged electrical components
- Dirty filters, coils, or evaporators
- Clogged condensate drains
- Thermostat inaccuracies
- Clutter or growth around a compressor, reducing airflow