Reliable 24-Hour Emergency Furnace Services
Let’s face it—New Jersey winters can get excruciatingly cold and you need a reliable and fully functioning heating unit to keep your family safe and warm inside your home. If you happen to turn on your system for the first time in the winter and it doesn’t power up or produce warm air, you need a reliable company to turn to.
That’s where Infinite Comfort comes in. Our Cranford heating repair experts are available 24/7 to assist you. Due to our experience and training, we are capable of working on any make or model of heating unit. Best of all, we guarantee your 100% satisfaction; if you’re unsatisfied with our work, we will make it right or give your money back.
Five Signs You Need Heating Repair
- Loud noises - All heaters make a little bit of noise, particularly when starting up, but if you're hearing a banging or screeching sound that's audible from the next room over then give a call to our expert Cranford heating repair technicians.
- Weird smells - First, if you have a gas furnace and smell rotten eggs, then you have a gas leak and should leave the premises. When first starting the heater for the season, it will burn some excess dust and that's completely normal for the first couple of hours. But if you're smelling an electrical burn, smoke, or gun powder then something is awry and you should call our Cranford furnace repair experts immediately.
- Rising utility bills - This happens because either you're experiencing heat-loss or your machine isn't at 100%. When your furnace isn't operating at 100% it will take up more inputs to produce the same level of output. This might seem okay until you go to pay your utility bill. Give our pros a call to get you back to your normal utility bill.
- Inconsistent heat - This could be happening because of furniture that's blocking an air-vent. If that's not the problem, then maybe you have a leak in your ducts and are experiencing some heat-loss that your thermostat isn't registering.
- Dry heat - Gas furnaces, especially older units, have a tendency to emit incredibly dry heat. This kind of heat will make your lips chapped and sometimes even wilt your plants.
Furnace Making Banging Noises?
Have you been hearing loud banging noises coming from your heater as it kicks on? These bangs are the results of dirty burners. When a burner is dirty it struggles to ignite. This failure to ignite right away allows for extra gas to build up before the burner can finally ignite. This extra gas is what causes the loud bang. It is essentially a mini explosion taking place within the furnace. If you've heard these loud bangs when a furnace kicks on, contact Infinite Comfort today for our reliable heating services.
Reasons You May Need Furnace Repair
While there are theoretically multiple reasons why your furnace has stopped working, there are some reasons that are more common, and more likely, than others.
Four common causes of your furnace not working include:
- The age of your furnace: As your furnace ages, its parts will experience normal wear and tear, making it more prone to breakdowns and other repair issues. While getting routine maintenance is one way to prevent such breakdowns from occurring, you may be better off getting a furnace replacement if your unit is just too old to keep up.
- The pilot light is malfunctioning: If your pilot light isn't working, or if you have faulty ignition, your furnace may not even turn on. Issues with your pilot light can be caused by a damaged thermocouple or clogs.
- The thermostat is faulty: When your thermostat isn't working as it should, you will notice that your home never reaches the temperature you set it to, or that your furnace must work harder to get your home to the desired temperature. This can cause your furnace to cycle repeatedly, which can lead to it breaking down.
- The air filters are dirty: Dirty or clogged filters cause your furnace to have to work overtime to keep your home warm. This will cause your energy bills to increase. However, it's important that you get the filters cleaned or repaired, because a clogged filter can lead to a damaged limit switch, which controls your furnace's fan.
Types of Heating Systems We Can Repair
At Infinite Comfort, there’s no project that’s too big or small for us to take on. Additionally, we are so confident in the quality of our heating repair in Cranford that we back it with a one-year warranty on workmanship.
Due to our years in the business, we can confidently repair the following types of heating systems:
- Furnaces: Because these systems rely on forced air to heat your home, it could be that there’s an issue with your heat source or blower motor. Our Cranford furnace repair specialists will perform a thorough inspection of your unit to determine the cause of the issue and get it repaired in no time.
- Heat pumps: While these are an eco- and budget-friendly option for heating, they do tend to break down if you have to run it continuously when the temperatures drop significantly. Fear not, though! Our expert technicians will have yours up and running again.
- Boilers: From dirt to dust, and even air, there are many things that can clog your pipes, eventually leading to damaged internal components of your boiler. Whether we need to thoroughly clean your unit or replace a part, there’s nothing we can’t handle.
- Any other type of heating system: At Infinite Comfort, we’ve seen it all. Even if you have a custom-built heater or a one-of-a-kind system, we are certain we have the skills and know-how to ensure it is fixed and continues to provide you with warmth.